Upgrade to Windows 11 by using a script If the previous method didn’t work for you, either because you don’t have a Microsoft account signed in, or because Windows reverted to the Release Preview channel, try this method.
Heads up: If you run into any compatibility errors during the update, check out Method 3 below, or try the workaround listed at the end.
Download the script
- Go to the GitHub page where the OfflineInsiderEnroll script is hosted.
- Right-click the Raw button and choose Save link as….
- Select a location for it to download (e.g., Downloads).
- Click Save and let it download.
Run the script
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to where you downloaded the script.
- Right click it and choose Run as administrator. Confirm any permission prompts.
- A Command Prompt window should come up with some options.
- Choose option 1: Enroll to Dev Channel. (Type in “1” and hit Enter.)
- The script will let you know when it’s done. Press any key and the Command Prompt will close.
- Go to Settings >> Update & security >> Windows Insider Program and you should see something similar to the following.
- Check for updates and you should see the option to upgrade to Windows 11.
- Easy way to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported Computers Method 1
- Easy way to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported Computers Method 2
- Easy way to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported Computers Method 3
- Easy way to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported Computers Method 4